Friday, June 24, 2005

Rage on Public Buses

In the past few months I've started taking public transit to work. However, I'm not going to complain about the transit system...too easy. What I'd like to share with you is my observation on a certain type of people that take these buses.

Before I start, I want to explain...for those of you that don't ride public transit during peak hours...how things work on a busy bus. In order to pack the bus with as many people as possible, the bus driver usually asks people to "move to the back". This way, more people can get on. This is fair and civilized. However, for some reason people tend to bunch up at the front - leaving the back fairly empty. Why? I don't know.

But these are not the people I have a problem with...well actually I do but hey there's too many of them. The ones I want to talk about are actually quite the opposite. If you've spent enough time on a packed bus, you've probably felt them pushing their way past you.

As soon as they get on a crowded bus, they start their voyage or perhaps in their mind a crusade. With a look of discontent and superiority they push their way to the back of the bus. Now I know they are kind of doing the right thing. Because of them people at the next stop will be able to get on...but boy do they really bug me.

These are probably the same people that not only raised their hand in class to every single question, but also had the right answer!

Don't get me wrong. I'm not about conformity. I believe people should take action against injustice...but, I still don't like these people. Maybe it's the way they aggressively move through the bus without a single "excuse me" or "pardon me". Perhaps it's the look of smugness that they get ones they reach the back.

Grrrrr...I just don't like them.

4 Comments:

At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are out of your mind Mr. E. D. !!!!! Yes, I am one of those smug bastards who actually moves to the back when the bus driver says "please move to the back, this bus will not move until you move to the back" I get really annoyed with the people who stand in the middle of the bus at the front waiting for someone else's fat ass other than their own to move to the back.

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Noisy Tree said...

I agree with you that people should move towards the back of the bus. I always do.

The people that always float at the front of the bus annoy me as well...but...there's still nothing wrong with an occasional "excuse me". Personally I have no problem with people that always move through the crowd to the back of the bus. There's just no need to do it with outward anger and a look of smugness.

And why did you feel the need to hide your name yet use my actual initials in your reply (which are not mentioned anywhere on this site)?

 
At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha. I couldn't use my username because it never seems to work. this is Miss S.L. on the East Coast

 
At 2:49 AM, Blogger The Shaved Ape said...

What a great post! It brings back disgusting memories of my Year of Living Without a Car. What a joke. People who ride mass transit, in my experience, smell bad. It was in this low spot in my life that I decided humans were just dumb apes that had recently swung down from the trees and shaved.

One time I was sitting on a bus seat with my duffle bag next to me. I was reading a newspaper and listening to my MP3 player -- oblivious to the shaved apes. A guy gets on the bus and sits right on my bag. What if it had been filled with glass shards? What a dumbass.

I do loathe mass transit. It's not for me or anyone else who bathes regularly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home