Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Home Schooling

The following story is true...promise.

A little while back, I found myself eating breakfast in a hotel (somewhere in Oregon). Being half asleep, my girlfriend and I decided to listen in on someone else's conversation. Here's how it basically went:
----------------------------------------
[M]Mother
[S]Son (about 8 years old)
[R1]Relative 1
[R2]Relative 2

[M] - How do you spell Wednesday? That one always confuses me.
[R1] - Isn't it W-E-D-N-E...no wait.
[M] - I thought it was W-E-N-E-S-D-A-Y. Honey, do you know how to spell Wednesday.
[S] - W-E-D-N-E-S-D-A-Y.
[M] - Really, there's a D in it?
[R2] - (Shakes his head and continues typing on his laptop)
[M] - What a smart boy. I think I'll continue to home school you.
----------------------------------------

Now I don't profess to be a spelling-b champion, but if you're going to home school your children, shouldn't you be smarter than them? You should know at least the basics...like how to spell Wednesday.

1 Comments:

At 12:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the child would be learning nothing.And so it would be pointless for the child to be home schooled. They could hire a teacher for the child so he could concentrate and learn more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home