Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Never for Dinner

There's an old saying, "Every time we make plans, God laughs". As I grow older, I realize how true this is. I once had a friend that said that she would never date someone with a kid. A week later she started a two-year relationship with a guy that had...you guessed it...a kid.

I’ve eaten a lot of “nevers” over the years.

I don’t know if there is truly a God. But, if there is, I’m convinced that he/she is highly entertained by irony.

About two years ago, I mentioned to a female Chinese friend of mine that I have never dated an Asian woman. Jokingly I added, "Why would I do that. Never!" Literally a few days later I met my now fiancée...she's Chinese.

Irony...get use to it.

If you have any ironic stories, please share.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home